A unique historical mansion, located in central Corfu possessing a wide space of the area.
The mansion is measuring 825.38 sq.m. which includes the living space, an art gallery, a parking area and a storage area.
It is situated on a plot of 8.960 sq.m. and it’s surrounded by green forests and olive trees.
The estate is very large and consists of two buildings which have been built in the same line.
The mansion is situated approx 12klm away from Corfu town and airport as well as approx 8klm from a Marina of Gouvia and the golf court.
The mansion is very old, counting back to the Venetian rule years, back in the 14th century.
Walking towards the old mansion we find ourselves in a different Corfu. This Corfu is a peaceful one, a pastoral side of Corfu.
The whole scenery is drawing in endless greenery, while numerous olive trees, cypress trees, fruit growing and ornamental trees are decorating the plot giving it uniqueness and nobility.
Τhe simplicity of the landscape is tied to the minimalist art of the property.
Stepping inside the property we get lost to the vast spaces and mesmerized by the architecture of the aerial bridge binding the North with South side.
Looking closer at the indoor space we find ourselves astonished by the buildings of storage form that enhance the scientific architecture.
The arched doors with the marble doors with their well-crafted keys and the windows that are externally rectangular and internally arched in the shape of a funnel to increase the lighting
and to diffuse the air, can seduce any visitor to a trip back in time and history.
Back in 1874, this property used to belong to the family of Zervoudakis, who was an agricultural scientist, in charge of the Royal Gardens of the Palace of Tatoi, the former reign of Greece.
In 1955, the property passed to the family of Kollias and in 1997 the property passed to Georgios Socrates Megkoulas, a famous sculptor and painter that was honored by the French Democracy with the highest title of "chevalier de Ordre des Arts et des Lettres''.